Allen's Kitchen - Pamper Your Taste Buds


Have you tasted the best prawn cutlet in Kolkata yet? Well I have... and It will not be an exaggeration if I say that this is the best prawn cutlet that I ever had in my life. I can still remember that moment when I had the first bite of it... it was "heavenly".

And the name behind this brilliant mouthwatering dish is Allen Kitchen, an unobtrusive little food joint on one of the busiest roads of North Kolkata (Calcutta) near Sovabazaar Metro Station.


About 132 years ago Mr. Jibonkrishna Saha started Allen Kitchen and since then this shop is pampering the taste buds of Kolkata's foodies with their range of delicious fries.
This place is very much near Sovabazaar metro station. It falls on your left while going towards Girish Park from Sovabazar on Central Avenue / Jatindramohan Avenue. You can also refer the Map below.


View Allen's Kitchen in a larger map

Presently The eatery is run by Mr. Dipak Saha and Mr. Goutam Saha the great grandsons and the fourth generation of Mr. Jibonkrishna Saha. They run their kitchen between 4pm and 9pm so make sure you reach well in time. Compared to the other food-stops of Kolkata, the menu at Allen is little short, though it was really hard to decide or to choose among the options as they all sounded so tempting.


In the menu the word "Ghee" really attracted me though I was little skeptical about how's the cutlet gonna taste coz I never had Ghee fried snacks before. So I ordered special Prawn cutlet (fried in Ghee).


The special Prawn cutlet was served hot with freshly cut Salad and Kashundi (Mustard Sauce)... It was fried to perfection and looked really yummy. With the very first bite of the special Prawn cutlet I became a fan of it as it melted in my mouth and the prawn was so well prepared and juicy that it felt out of this world.


It is really hard to express in words the delightful feeling that I had at that moment. It was crispy from outside and soft from inside.



The best thing about this place is that the kitchen is visible to everyone and all these delicacies are prepared in front of you.



After my tryst with this heavenly taste I went on to order Chicken Kabiraji Cutlet (also fried in Ghee). Chicken Kabiraji Cutlet, a masterpiece of texture and flavour, was cooked with excellence and served with love.


The word "Kabiraji" is actually derived from the English word Coverage as these cutlets are covered with a batter of eggs lightly mixed with water and salt. The covering of the Chicken Kobiraji was crispy & crunchy and the inner filling was really very yummy.


So all in all I had a great time at Allen's Kitchen and I wish to return soon to taste the new items in their menu.


Comments

  1. Just loved this post of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allen kitchen zindabad...a favourite of mine since childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. did they use ghee or dalda?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was in the search of same restaurant.... gonna try this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never been to this place, now will try for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this post

Popular posts from this blog

New Taxi Fares in Kolkata (Calcutta) effective from 1st November 2012

Bengali Online Newspapers Published from Bangladesh

Online Bengali Newspapers - ePapers